What types of membership does your fellowship offer?
We offer membership for three levels of ministerial service:
- Lay Minister
- Licensed Minister
- Ordained Minister
What is the process to become a Member of WME?
To become a member of WME:
- You must complete and submit an application for membership along with a non-refundable $50.00 application fee. Membership fees for remainder of membership year in which you apply will be pro-rated.
- You must be recommended by a WME member in good standing who will need to submit a personal reference form on your behalf.
- You must be ordained, licensed, or commissioned by a local church and provide documentation.
- Be interviewed by a WME Regional Presbyter.
If I have never been ordained, how do I become an ordained minister with WME?
To become an ordained minister with WME: Any change in level of ministerial service can only be made with a written recommendation, blessing, and authorization of a local church of like faith and purpose to WME.
- You must be a WME member in good standing for no less than one year.
- You must have the blessings of your local church with a WME representative present. This service may take place in a local church of like faith and purpose to WME.
- You must submit a request for ordination and go through an interview with members of the presbytry.
Does WME hold a 501 © (3) status?
Yes, WME is a religious organization exempt from Federal Tax as described in section 501 © (3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
If I am a member of WME, am I covered under WME's 501 © (3) status?
No, your ministry will need to obtain its own exemption status.
If I am accepted into WME fellowship, are there dues and/or fees to pay? If so, how much?
Yes, there is a non-refundable $50.00 application fee for membership. Afterward, the annual membership dues are $200.00 for licensed or ordained minister ($300 for married couples) and $100.00 for a lay minister.
How do I apply for missionary support?
You must be a WME member in good standing for no less than one year before you are elegible to submit a mission project. Complete the information required and return it to the WME Home Office. (All Project requests should be returned no later than January 31st for budget consideration).
I have a question that is not listed here. What should I do?
Please call or email the WME Home Office if you need help or have other questions. Our staff will be happy to assist you.
Phone (USA): (479) 424-0314 : Email: firstname.lastname@example.org